Stop COICA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get in here.

2 posters

meetings and spam bans

doubledurping

meetings and spam bans Empty meetings and spam bans

Post  doubledurping Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:31 am

EDIT: THIS POST IS NOW OUTDATED no need to read it. Please SEE THE THREAD ON NEW MEETING DAYS AND THE THREAD ON PLANS (irc meetings every sunday, tuesday, and thursday at 9pm est)

seriously guys. on friday it was said "next meeting tuesday" but everyone logged off before a time was agreed upon. sure enough the irc has been empty till tuesday, empty on tuesday at 9pm. and i was asleep for any potential midnight meeting but the website hasn't registered any hits so i'm going to assume there was no meeting.

so is this thing dead? all our effort and it's falling apart because we're too uncoordinated to pull it together? or maybe you guys did meet up in irc on tuesday, then attempt promotion on the chan only to get spam banned as i did?

spam banning. i was going to find popular threads and drop a piece of text into it about coica. the text from the website. i didnt get to do this to a single thread because i got an instant 1 day ban for spam. any ways around that imageboard automatically detecting "spam"?

i've sent an email to sts asking if there was a meeting and when the next meeting is. if there is no next meeting i'm going to make one, 9pm on friday. i'll tell sts to email everyone on his email list about it, and to update the irc description to include the next meeting time if possible.

Last edited by doubledurping on Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Theseus

meetings and spam bans Empty ok folks.

Post  Theseus Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:01 am

They've made the first move. The feds blocked about 100 sites on the 26th. We need to get moving again and fast. I'm about ready to call in /b/ackup.

So. Who's still here?

-Thes
    doubledurping

meetings and spam bans Empty Re: meetings and spam bans

Post  doubledurping Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:29 pm

i'm still here. my wifi connection isn't good enough to stay in irc right now, hoping to fix that soon. but it seemed the meeting i called on friday was a bust. i asked sts to email everyone on his list about it but he likely never got the message. and since he's the only one with most of the emails he's the only one who can contact everybody. so unless they stumble into the irc or message board no one will know about any meetings.

long story short it kinda seems like we're the only ones left. 4chan instabans the word coica or stopcoicanow. 420chan hands out lifetime bans, i made a single thread about it on 420chan. so mods=ignorant
    doubledurping

Post  doubledurping Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:37 pm

we could still get /b/tard support perhaps by making a new tinychat without coica in the name. but as soon as a mod sees the thread and reads it you'll get a ban. so post the call under proxy and post it in a popular thread about something else and it'll take the mods longer to find it.

inside the tinychat you could direct people to the website and ask for their help.

problem is what we need most of all is to grow this thing. and we can't grow it on the chan easily if at all... we need ideas...

maybe some tinychatted /b/tards can come up some an ideas.
    doubledurping

meetings and spam bans Empty NEW STRATEGY

Post  doubledurping Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:16 pm

I came up with a new plan and made a new thread on this forum about it. please go read it

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:52 am